Library Page - posted May 2, 2022
Thank you for your interest in working at the Lisle Library District!
Lisle Library District Application for Employment
The Lisle Library District (LLD) offers volunteer opportunities for the public to serve the Library and the community. Participation is contingent upon compliance with all applicable LLD policies and procedures.
Please view LLD Policy 415: Volunteers, for more details.
Adults, click here to fill out an application. After filling out the form, save to your desktop and then email to the contact at the top of the form.
Teen/Youth click here for volunteer information.
LLD Kindness Cards (temporarily suspended during Phase One of LLD Renovation)
LLD Kindness Cards is an instant volunteer opportunity for all ages. Find our tables set up in both Adult and Youth Services to make a handmade card for sick children, veterans, and seniors. Both tables are fully stocked with blank cards, markers, and stickers, along with a box to place completed cards. Instructions and suggestions are at each table and available below.
Each month, the LLD will send the handmade cards to the Chicago-based nonprofit, Cardz for Kidz, who will distribute them across the nation and internationally.
Grades 6-12 can receive up to two hours of volunteer time (5 cards=1 hour of volunteering). All volunteers must check-in with Youth Services, make the cards at the Library, and fill out a volunteer form.
Cards in non-English languages are welcome and encouraged!
Card Writing Tips
- Uplifting spirits is the goal, so please DO NOT say things like “Get well soon,” “Stay Strong,” “Hang in there,” etc. We want to view the person as a whole, rather than their illness.
- Please avoid religious sentiments, as individuals may be of any or no religion.
- Please do not include personal information such as your address or phone number, but remember to sign your name!
- Since we do not know the person’s name, use a general greeting. Suggestions: 'Hey there!' 'Hey you!' 'To a very special person.'
Card Writing Ideas
- Sending you lots of big hugs
- Wishing you sunshiny days
- You are awesome
- Never forget how amazing YOU are
- You rock
- I hope you have a great day today
- You shine brighter than the sun
- I believe in you